I am not offering this session at the moment
Do you know you have choices when it comes to labour and birth?
Do you know you don’t have to say yes to everything that’s suggested or even imposed on you?
Do you know that you can ask questions during the rest of your pregnancy, during labour, during birth and beyond?
Do you know that you can say no when something doesn’t sit right with you, from vaginal examinations to induction to an episiotomy and anything in between?
Do you know that you don’t have to listen to horror stories of labour and birth?
Do you know that you can reprogramme your mind when it comes to negativity around labour and birth?
Do you know that hypnosis, which is simpley deep relaxation, is the way to access and change our unconscious thoughts and beliefs?
If you don’t know, or if you do know but would like to have more confidence when it comes to labour and birth and how to be and remain positive, come to my next Building Your Confidence for Birth session (date above), in Wallingford. It’s only £30 and you will get fantastic information and great tools to help you build that confidence.
You will learn the six important steps that explain how the mind and body work, which means that you will understand why so many women report negative experiences of birth and why it doesn’t have to be that way. It doesn’t mean I have a magic wand that guarantees the perfect birth for you, but I will share with you how you can build positivity into your life and reach a place where you are calm and confident about labour and birth.
During this 3-hour session, you will:
- gain an understanding of what hypnosis really is and how it can help reprogramme your mind and your expectations about labour and birth
- learn how your mind can be negatively influenced by others, without you even knowing it
- learn a fantastic tool that will enable you to keep negative birth stories away from you and prevent them from affecting you negatively if people still want to tell you all the gory details even when you’ve said ‘no thanks’
- experience hypnosis
- change any negative beliefs that you and your partner may have picked up about birth
- learn how to avoid being your own self-saboteurs
Once my clients have learnt and understood these important points, they find that their negative beliefs have been transformed into a self-belief that they can birth with confidence, in a way that is right for them, whether that’s a home birth in their garden, a C-section or anything in between.
Clients who have attended this session share with me that they have a restored faith in their ability to handle birth no matter what happens on the day and have a new and clear understanding of what their body can do and how their baby has a part to play in birth too.
It is an interactive masterclass and you can ask me all the burning questions you may have, for example with regards to where to birth, how to birth, who to take with you, procedures that may be suggested, timings – you name it. No question is too silly.
If you put as much time into pushing away negativity, building positivity into your life and considering all aspects of labour and birth as you do into considering all your pram and carseat options, then you will be well on your way to a birth where you feel in control and empowered, because you will be the one making all the decisions, from a place of confidence, rather than handing over your birth to your caregivers, from a place of fear.
This takes practice and research, from as early on in pregnancy as possible. You can’t just turn up on your birthing day and expect to feel confident and ask a hundred questions you didn’t take the time to answer beforehand.
No. Instead, you prepare, find out as much as you can about how to reprogramme your beliefs, practise positivity, understand the physiology of birth, weigh up the pros and cons of certain procedures and then turn up on the day confident that:
- you know a lot about birth already and about what you want
- you can ask all the right questions that are relevant to you in your situation
- you are confident about the choices you make, knowing that even deciding to hand over the final decision to your caregivers is a decision in itself, one where you know that you made that decision and therefore feel empowered right up till the end and beyond.
This is what guarantees you will feel positive about your birth.
Come and find out more about these tools and techniques so that you can be excited about your upcoming birth rather than dreading it.
£30 (deductible from the full-course fee if you decide to attend the full course)