- Have you been told that you ‘have to have’ a Caesarean section?
- Are you expecting twins (or triplets or more!) and do you feel that a c-section is the best route to take?
- Would you like someone who is very knowledgeable about c-sections to help you navigate your way through what to say, what to ask, what to negotiate, and how to prepare for a c-section if this is what you want or what is necessary?
- Are you or your birth partner terrified at the idea of having ‘to go through’ a c-section?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, you are in the right place.
I had two C-sections, one without hypnobirthing and one with the help of the hypnobirthing tools (read my birth stories here). While my first C-section was by no means traumatic, I know what a difference preparing for birth with hypnobirthing makes (I prepared for a VBAC but needed another C-section on the day as I wasn’t dilating and didn’t want to be ‘augmented’ (basically an induction while in labour). I know how important it is to be prepared and to know all your choices in advance and be confident in those that you make, during pregnancy and on the day.
You may have already attended a Wise Hippo Birthing Programme course with me (or with another practitioner), or this may be the first contact you will make with me. Either way, you are very welcome to attend this course, specifically created for women like you who need to stay calm, confident and positive about their upcoming birth, safe in the knowledge that, despite the fact that they may need a C-section, they still have choices and they can remain in control, whatever they choose, whatever happens on the day.
Who is the Confident C-section course for?
You want or need a C-section
The Confident C-section course is for you if you have made the decision that a Caesarean section is ‘the right birth on the day’ for your baby. It is important that you have felt completely involved in the decision-making. Women who fully understand the need for a Caesarean section are more likely to feel positive about their birth and less likely to feel depressed or upset than women who feel unsure and under pressure.
You are undecided as to whether you want a C-section
If you have doubts about your decision, you may choose to do just a section this course, so that I can support you while you make your decision and while you go through the ‘negotiation’ process with your medical team (see Class 3 below). You can then decide to take the rest of this course (or the main Wise Hippo Birthing Programme if you decide not to go down the C-section route). This will ensure that you are confident that your choice is right for you and your baby’s birth.
What is included
The whole course is over three 2.5-hour weekly sessions.
Three classes and a Listening Ear session
- Class 1 is all about what a C-section is, what hypnosis is and a few tools that you can use in your practice during pregnancy and during the birth of your baby.
- Class 2 teaches you how to reduce anxiety using hypnosis and breathing techniques, time distortion and anchoring, and includes a script that you can practise with your birth partner.
- Class 3 takes you through the whole negotiation process you may follow with your medical team and gives you tools and the confidence to ask questions and to make your own informed decisions. It is also about drawing up your birth plan and choosing exactly what you want for your birth – the environment, who will be there with you and how to generally prepare for the birth and for your recovery.
- The Listening Ear session (post-birth debrief) is also included in this course.
- Electronic log-in to all your course materials.
- Caesarean section preparation programme digital workbook.
- Two sample planning Caesarean section birth plans, including one for twins.
- Video footage shown in class.
These mp3s have all been recorded specifically for a woman or couple who is preparing for and has had a C-section.
- Relax with nature
- Cloak of Protection
- Bond and Breathe
- Cove of Confidence
- Confident C-section preparation
- Confident C-section affirmations
- Post C-section Body Nurturing
As with the main Birthing Programme, there is also the ‘instrumental’ mp3 – the background music to all the mp3s above.
How to book?
Phone me or email me in the first instance so that we can discuss your requirements.
How much does it cost?
Negotiation process only
This is a 1-hour session and costs £50.
Full Confident C-section course
£295 (if you do the negotiation process session, the £50 will of course be deducted from the full course fee)
Payments can be made by bank transfer or cash (or PayPal, but a 3.5% fee will be added).