Congratulations on your pregnancy!
So you want to be prepared, ready and excited – excellent news! Welcome to my antenatal education courses!
You are feeling a little overwhelmed by it all right now, but take a long deep breath in, then breathe out for even longer. And again. And again. Now sit down and read the information below. I am here to help you:
- eliminate your anxiety, whether it’s only about birth and motherhood, or whether it stems from past hurts or deep traumas
- get rid of the overwhelm
- remove your fears
- be calm and relaxed and stay this way
I offer the Wise Hippo Birthing Programme (5-week course) and the Bump, Birth and Baby Blueprint classes (7-week course) and they are suitable whether this is your first pregnancy or your second, third or more. My classes are mostly private, though I do occasionally offer group classes so please register your interest by contacting me here. If no group classes have been set up yet, you get to choose the dates and I then organise a group class for those dates 🙂
Next group dates: Register your interest.
As for private classes, these can be 1:1 or, if you want to attend with a friend (or more!) who is also pregnant and interested in my classes (and her partner/husband of course), I can offer you both a 10% discount. Scroll down for location and prices.
Let me take you on a journey, as you progress through pregnancy.
A 7-week journey.
So that by the end of your course with me, you will have all the tools to ride the waves of pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenthood.
- You won’t just get useful information in my classes.
- You will also get lots of simple yet powerful tools, tips and techniques.
- You will get time to practise them.
- You will be given time and space to explore and understand your options and to talk about and release your fears, worries and concerns.
And throughout these 7 weeks, my garden studio will be the sacred space you crave to learn, practise, explore, express and let go.
Does that sound good?
If you are not ready for the 7-week journey, please know that there is the option of only preparing for labour and birth – it’s a 5-week journey.
(But why would you only have the starter and main course? Why not the dessert too?!)
- find out more about the 5-week journey (preparation for the rest of your pregnancy and for labour and birth)
- get the low-down on the 7-week journey (same good stuff + preparation for early parenthood)
- watch a video testimonial from a past client
- receive a free mp3 (‘Calm and Relaxed’)
- and understand the benefits of the Wise Hippo hypnobirthing for yourself, your partner/husband and your baby…
… click here.
- understand when is best to book your classes for you
- know how to book
- find out more about my private classes…
… read below 🙂
When is best to book
It is recommended that you start attending the classes when you are between 20 and 30 weeks of pregnancy (if applicable, of course the birth debrief from a previous birth can take place earlier than that – see ‘Difficult or traumatic birth last time’ below).
- The earlier you start from 20 weeks, the better, as this allows you plenty of time to practise the techniques you will learn during the course.
- However, some women do not discover my course until quite late in their pregnancy but they still benefit greatly from the techniques learned.
- There is also a case for leaving it till late-ish in pregnancy (e.g. 35 weeks) so that you can focus completely on the classes and practice.
So in brief, it all depends on your personality and how much time you actually have right now 🙂
Whatever stage of pregnancy you are at, you are always welcome and you will benefit from the classes no matter what.
How to book
Feel free to phone me or email me if you need to discuss your requirements (e.g. 5 weeks versus 7 weeks, your particular circumstances, etc.).
Because places are limited, I can only hold your booking (either verbal or by email) for a maximum of 5 days while waiting for your deposit.
For costs and options, please see below.
All classes are held in my garden studio in Wallingford, Oxfordshire (see below).
Enquire or/and book here, whether you want to book onto my next 5-week course or 7-week course.
Why private classes?
If you like the idea of having private classes, of having plenty of time to explore your fears and concerns around pregnancy, birth and parenthood, and of having exclusive, one-to-one attention, each class completely tailored to your needs, then you have definitely landed in the right place. Get in touch and we can discuss your requirements, whether that is weekend classes, daytimes classes, evening classes or bi-weekly classes instead of weekly, or simply any time to suit your needs. I am very flexible.
Private classes mean we can work together very closely to ensure that you get maximum value out of the classes. As a Clinical Hypnotherapist and EFT, NLP, IEMT and Reiki Practitioner (see this page for explanations about what these techniques are), I can also help further if there are any other issues that you need to explore. Therapy sessions may be needed for this extra support (at extra cost).
As part of your course, you will get a Listening Ear session after your birth (privately, in my studio, in your home or by phone or Skype).
For all the details of what is included in my courses (materials, support, etc), see this page.
- Book the Wise Hippo Birthing Programme for your 5-week journey today: £575 / £665* / £725**
- Add 2 weeks of preparation for early parenthood classes by the end of your 5-week journey: £229 / £259* / £279**
- Book upfront the Bump, Birth and Baby Blueprint for your 7-week journey, save £39: £765 / £885* / £965**
* If I come to you for the classes and you live within a 0–10-mile radius of Wallingford.
** If I come to you for the classes and you live within a 10–20-mile radius of Wallingford.
Payments by bank transfer only.
Difficult or traumatic birth last time
If you had a difficult or traumatic birth last time, I specialise in birth trauma therapy. I highly recommend that you release the trauma from your last (or a previous) birth before giving birth this time. The emotions from that birth can creep in at any point, but in particular during labour, or just before, preventing you from going into labour easily and within the ideal time limit (i.e. before 42 weeks) or considerably lengthening your labour and birth.
You can do this session at any point but preferably before your Wise Hippo hypnobirthing classes start.
Where do all the classes take place?
- All sessions and classes are normally held in my garden studio, in Wallingford, South Oxfordshire.
- However, they can also be held in the comfort of your own home (see prices above) but please note that I only cover Oxfordshire and some parts of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.
- Skype sessions are available if you live further away and can’t find a suitable Wise Hippo practitioner near you.
Paid time-off for antenatal classes
Did you know that you are entitled to paid time-off for birth preparation classes? Have a look at this link for further details.
Terms and conditions for all class types
- Non-refundable £100 deposit upon booking
- Balance at least 2 weeks before your first class
- Payment plans available, just ask 🙂
- Payments by bank transfer
- If you cancel your booking any time up to 7 days before the start of the course, your balance will be fully refunded.
- If you cancel your booking within 7 days of the course start, only 50% of your balance will be refunded.
- The balance is non-refundable once the course has started.
- In the unlikely event that I should cancel the whole course before it starts (cancelling does not include a change of date for a class or several), you will be given a full refund or offered a place on my next course if suitable.