- How painfully emotional it would all be.
- How much CRAP from the past and my patterns it would bring up, e.g. how upset I could be from just one comment.
- How elated I could be from just one comment.
- How much shame, anger, embarrassment I would feel at having to reveal things I didn’t want to reveal but knew I had to in order to make progress.
- How wonderful the people in the group would be.
- How connected I would feel to everybody.
- How hard we would be pushed.
- How supported we would all be.
- How obsessed about it I would become.
- What an emotional rollercoaster it would be – elation, sadness, anger, feeling like giving up, joy AND fear at moving forwards in leaps and bounds, excitement and back down to helplessness and hopelessness…
Just a couple of years ago, this extremely emotionally challenging scenario would have left me running for the fridge or the cupboard – just to stuff down the emotions, whatever they were.
Now, I just let these emotions do what they have to do – mostly just come up, along with the tears (of excitement or despair), and then they go. Just like dark grey clouds in a blue sky.
If you would like to have better control of your emotions and to stop using food as a means of keeping the lid on them, feel free to contact me here to book a FREE 30-minute consultation.