Congratulations on your pregnancy!
And congratulations on looking for ways to prepare for the birth of your baby and for parenthood that will support you and your partner in a meaningful, life-changing way. My course isn’t just for birth. It is for the rest of your life and it is for your baby’s life time, because the way he or she will be born will influence so much of his or her life, in the first few weeks and months, but really, well beyond that too. It really is worth investing in a course that feels right for you, so I have provided below as many details as possible.
What will you learn?
I’m on a mission to help women achieve the best birth they can have and to thrive in the best way they can as mothers, from the first few days with a newborn to the teenage years and beyond. And to me, this requires preparation and knowledge.
You will learn tools and techniques that will help you and your birth partner to:
- free yourselves from past demons so that they are not passed down to your baby/child
- feel confident in all areas of pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenthood
- navigate the healthcare system serenely
- deal with the ups and downs of late pregnancy wisely
- negotiate the ups and downs of prodromal labour (the ‘stop/start/stop/start’ kind of early labour) gracefully (if it happens to you – it doesn’t happen to everyone, far from it)
- learn about the role of your hormones in labour, birth and the early postnatal period
- understand and practise visualisation techniques
- ask all the right questions of your healthcare providers throughout your pregnancy, labour and birth
- use breathing techniques effectively, with plenty of time to practise between sessions, and understand why they work
- learn about the reason why you need to learn and practise staying relaxed during labour and birth and how you can do this
- grasp the use of affirmations, with useful advice and help on how to formulate your own
- enjoy time and space to explore and understand your options and to talk about and release your fears, worries and concerns, whether general or specific, under my expert guidance using hypnosis and EFT
- develop your own intuition through understanding how EFT/tapping works
- empower yourselves to make the right choices for you and your family
- go with the flow of early parenthood, with little to no anxiety
- ride the waves of sleep deprivation with mindfulness and acceptance
- and so much more!
A positive birth experience is at the root of a better world.
I only offer private courses (if you and a friend are pregnant at the same time and you wish to do the course together, that’s absolutely fine and you both get a 10% discount ). To book, just get in touch with me using my contact form here.
6 steps to a serene birth and serene parenthood
So if you are pregnant right now, I am going to take you on a journey. It is a 6-week journey.
You can go on this journey by yourself, or you can do it with your husband/partner. I highly recommend the latter, but if he or she is not around, or not open to all the things you want to learn, that is fine, come on your own. And if he or she wants to join you at some point on that journey, he or she will be most welcome.
I always ensure that everything we do is tailored to your needs, but if you would like a rough outline of each of the sessions, just get in touch, I will happily share them with you. But mostly, I have a guideline of all the aspects of pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenthood I want to tackle, and I just go with the flow of each session, going where you want to go, answering your questions as well as guiding you through my programme.
So this programme is spread over 6 sessions, each roughly 2 hours long (though a couple may be a bit longer), and after your birth I also offer a post-birth session to all my clients (included in the fee), which lasts approximately 1.5 hours and takes place in my studio (or in your own home when your Serene Birth course took place in your home). It is an opportunity to debrief your birth, whether it went really well, whether some aspects were not ideal, or whether it didn’t go according to plan at all and you need some support (the latter being extremely rare).
Who are these sessions for?
This programme is for you if, as a mummy- or daddy-to-be:
- You are scared of childbirth.
- You are having a difficult pregnancy, whether physically or emotionally.
- You suffered from some kind of trauma – emotional, physical, sexual.
- You have difficult or traumatic events to release before you can be the parent you want to be.
- You are worried that the stuff you suffered from as a child, teenager or adult will affect you and/or your baby in some way.
- You were parented in a way that doesn’t sit well with you, and it makes you even more anxious now that you’re about to become a parent yourself.
- You want to be empowered to find your own way as a parent without any kind of pressure.
- You want to have a few tools that will support you during pregnancy, labour, birth and parenthood.
- You are willing to practise these tools every day, so they become part of your daily life, way beyond pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
- You want to learn and do all this face to face with an experienced teacher (and possibly from the comfort of your own home if you live in or near Wallingford, as I can come to you but of course at extra cost). If you have a reliable wifi connection, I can help you wherever you are in the world as we can do the sessions by Skype – in which case it can still all be done from the comfort of you own sofa or even bed ).
Who are these sessions not for?
This programme is not for you if you are looking for:
- Baby-changing tips.
- Thorough baby-sleep expertise.
- Expert parenting tips.
- A quick-fix, no-homework approach to birth and motherhood.
‘Serene Birth and Motherhood’ is all about hypnosis and EFT for pregnancy, birth and parenthood.
Learn how to calm your emotions, relieve your physical symptoms and release birth- and pregnancy-related worries.
Take control of your journey and look forward to your birth and beyond!
Benefits of this programme, for you, your partner and your baby
- Releasing all the trauma you may have endured in your past, which still affects you in some way.
- Being free from all anxiety about the future (releasing all your past and current fears).
- Having tools to keep releasing any new anxiety or stress that may crop up in your life, at any point (whether in pregnancy, labour, early parenthood or way beyond).
- A much closer bond with your partner and your baby.
- Feeling relaxed, prepared, ready and confident about the rest of the pregnancy, birthing and early parenthood.
- Both of you being ready and knowing you have tools that you can both use, for your respective concerns and fears.
- Feeling and knowing that you are on the same page when it comes to all the choices you have and will have to make.
- Handouts and scripts that you can return to over and over again throughout your life (as not all of them will be pregnancy- or birth-specific).
- Watching YouTube birth videos that you can watch again in your own time at home.
- Local information if you are local to me (hospitals, MLUs, birth centres, other alternative therapists such acupuncturists and osteopaths).
Private 1:1 course
- £555 all inclusive (6 sessions, handouts, EFT scripts and mp3s)
- Travel expenses if I come to you (within a 20-mile radius of Wallingford only)
- 2 instalments available
Private group course
- Organise a course with a friend and you both get a 10% discount, so £500 instead of £555
- Travel expenses if I come to your or your friend’s house (within a 20-mile radius of Wallingford only)
- 2 instalments available
What is included in the 6-week journey
- Approximately 15 hours of expert tuition (including relaxation exercises, visualisations, learning about the physiology of birth, viewing hypnobirthing births, and many tools and techniques that will help you reprogramme your mind so that you stay calm and relaxed throughout pregnancy, labour, birth and parenthood), split over 6 weeks (or over 3 or 4 instead if you are really close to giving birth – just contact me as soon as possible so we can organise these longer sessions for you).
- useful handouts
- your very own Birth Planning Journal
- several mp3s tailored to your needs, recorded during our sessions, and other more standardised ones (birth affirmations, breastfeeding affirmations, parenthood affirmations, visualisations, fear release, etc.)
- list of birth videos you can watch safely
- a voucher for a photo session with specialist newborn, baby and family photographer Studio Bambino
- FREE 1:1 telephone/email/text support from me between sessions and up to your birth and beyond, worth in excess of £220
- Usually in the fifth or sixth session, a couple who have previously attended my classes come with their baby and relate their birth story and answer all your questions. It is a part of the course that mums and dads look forward to – it is always reassuring to talk to someone ‘in the flesh’ who has experienced the many benefits of my programme and be able to ask them questions. If the course takes place in your own home (rather than my garden studio), this may not be possible, depending on where you live and if you are comfortable having ‘strangers’ in your home.
When is best to book
It is recommended that you start attending the classes when you are between 20 and 25 weeks of pregnancy (if applicable, of course the birth debrief from a previous birth and a potential birth trauma session can take place earlier than that).
- The earlier you start from 20 weeks (or even earlier if you wish), the better, as this allows you plenty of time to practise the techniques you will learn during the course.
- However, some women do not discover my course until quite late in their pregnancy but still benefit greatly from the techniques learned.
- There is also a case for leaving it till late-ish in pregnancy (e.g. 33 weeks) so that you can focus completely on the classes and practice.
So in brief, it all depends on your personality and how much time you actually have right now.
Whatever stage of pregnancy you are at, you are always welcome and you will benefit from the classes no matter what.
How to book your sessions
Just contact me using the contact form here (scroll down till you reach the end of the scheduler/booking system).
Feel free to phone or email me to discuss your requirements before booking.
Where do the sessions take place?
Throughout the 6 weeks, my garden studio in Wallingford, South Oxfordshire, will be the intimate and sacred space you crave to learn, practise, explore, express and let go.
However, they can also be held in the comfort of your own home (at additional cost – see prices below) but please note that I only cover Oxfordshire and some parts of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.
Skype sessions are available, so you can get in touch with me from anywhere you are in the world 🙂
Beyond these sessions – support and Birth Doulaing
- Support by email or/and text messages up to 4 months after the birth.
- 20% discount on any further EFT sessions with me, whether 30-minute or 60-minute sessions (before labour, during labour or after the birth/postnatally).
- I am also a Birth Doula (professional birth companion), and although I am only taking on one or two clients a year, I would love to discuss the possibility of me also being your doula at your birth.
Paid time-off for antenatal classes
Did you know that you are entitled to paid time-off for birth preparation classes? Have a look at this link for further details.
Terms and conditions
- Non-refundable £100 deposit upon booking
- Balance at least 2 weeks before your first class
- Payment plans available, just ask 🙂
- Payments by bank transfer
- If you cancel your booking any time up to 7 days before the start of the course, your balance will be fully refunded.
- If you cancel your booking within 7 days of the course start, only 50% of your balance will be refunded.
- The balance is non-refundable once the course has started.
- In the unlikely event that I should cancel the whole course before it starts (cancelling does not include a change of date for a class or several), you will be given a full refund or offered a place on my next course if suitable.